Trees are an investment that require proper tree care; however, pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
What is a certified Arborist?
An ISA arborist certification is a nongovernmental, voluntary process by which individuals can document their base of knowledge. Certification provides a measurable assessment of an individual’s knowledge in the competencies needed for proper tree care.
Services an Arborist Can Provide
Arborist can help homeowners maintain their investment by:
- Pruning can be necessary for various reasons including, improvement of health, appearance and safety. An arborist can determine what type of pruning is necessary.
- Tree removal
- Tree removal can be expensive. Consider hiring an arborist when your tree is dead or dying, an unacceptable risk, causing an obstruction, crowding other trees, or located in an area where there’s new construction.
- Emergency tree care
- Removing or pruning storm-damaged trees can be dangerous, but a professional arborist can perform the job safely while reducing further risk of damage to people and property.
- Getting your new tree off to a healthy start will help the tree mature to its full size and ensures it will provide environmental, economic, and social benefits throughout its lifetime. Some arborists plant trees, and most recommend species that are appropriate for certain locations.
- Other services
- Plant health care or preventive maintenance.
- Cabling and bracing for added support to branches with weak attachments.
- Soil aeration to improve root growth.